Buy BLU Phones In Ghana

Tuesday 21 June 2016

Itz Tiffany reveals: How I lost record deal with Fuse ODG

Songstress Itz Tiffany has given the lowdown on how she lost a record deal with UK-based Ghanaian artiste Fuse ODG due to the sex tape drama that rocked her back in 2014.
On May 26 that year, Fuse announced via social media that he had signed Itz Tiffany on his record label, Off Da Ground Records. But a little over five months later, all the hopes and potentials of the big deal vanished into thin air after a video recording of herself and an estranged boyfriend, Frank Kwame Gambrah, made its way into the public domain via the internet.

In a revealing interview with Berla Mundi on #RythmzLive on GH One TV Monday, the now CEO of ‘Itz Tiffany music’ explains that Fuse and his team suddenly developed cold feet towards her at the time of the drama before delivering the news of backing out of their deal. Itz Tiffany however says Fuse and herself are “still cool” despite the turn of events.
Question time: Berla Mundi asking all the relevant questions from musician Itz Tiffany.
Speaking on how it all happened, Itz Tiffany told Berla:
“Before then [time of the sex tape drama], I was signed to a label but after that, I was dropped basically because of that.
“But we [Fuse and I] are cool. Before I got signed to Fuse music, I was already doing songs by myself. I was never signed to any record label. It has just been Tiffany music. I used to do it by myself but then, anytime Fuse and I do collaborations, it goes really far. And he happened to be on the international market and he felt that there are a lot of things that I can do so he was like why don’t we team up together and sign onto his record label. That’s how we came up with ‘Spanner’.
“So I went to London, we were about to do the promo and everything, I came to Ghana to come and check on my shop and one or two things and the thing [leak] happened.
“After the thing happened, they [Fuse and his team at Off Da Ground records] went quiet for a while. So after that, he was like don’t feel obligated that you have to be in the contract. You can just do whatever you want. They were like they’ve got my back anytime I need anything, they’re there for me.
“I see Fuse as still my brother. We’re still cool but I’m not signed to his label and if there’s any song that I need to work with Fuse, I will hit him up.”
On her new project, she said: “I’m just doing my label ‘Itz Tifanny’ music. For now, I’m just focused on rebuilding the brand. A lot has been damaged. I’m focusing on myself and after the album is out, I’m looking at getting other new female talents.”
“Everything happens for a reason and I think before anything happens God knows if your heart can contain the shock. I’m not saying that I’m happy that it happened to me but in a way, it has actually made me grow.”
Itz Tiffany and Fuse ODG have recorded two hit songs – “Azonto” and “Spanner” together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Career Blueprint